CambridgeHOK was appointed as sub-contractor with the idea of building a new glasshouse that replicated the original Victorian glasshouse with a featured Dome structure (Palm House) that once stood on the site between 1875 and 1891.
As part of a £4.5 million National Trust restoration of the Cliffe Castle Park, the glasshouse comprises of two hot houses, a cold house, palm house and café area for the visitors. The bespoke glasshouse involves curved aluminium, glass and steel structures. MCS supplied architectural polyester powder coating to the aluminium and steelwork through the glasshouse over a period of several months.
‘After working with MCS for 25 years, they have always delivered the service and quality required on all CambridgeHOK projects. We also knew that MCS could achieve the tight turn arounds and delivery dates required on this project. They are guaranteed to deliver on service, reliability and cost each time. That’s why we work with MCS.’
Simon Goff, Factory Manager, CambridgeHOK.